Organizations today face increasing pressure from multiple stakeholders and relentless global competition, forcing them to become more innovative in everything they do and produce (Latham, 2013).
While business schools teach the functions of business in their individual course silos, most business schools do not teach you how to design and integrate these functions to form a coherent high performing organization uniquely suited to your situation and strategy. What is needed is nothing short of a renaissance of organization thinking and design. Leaders as organization architects of the future will need to master both the technical AND human aspects of design and change. What is needed is a school of organization architecture and that is why the Organization Design Studio™ was created.
The Organization Design Studio™ is a Digital Learning Center and Applications Lab where leaders learn how to [re]design, [re]build, and lead the organizations they really want. Specifically, we help leaders learn how to align and integrate their strategy, systems, scorecard, culture, and leadership to fit the unique context of their organization and produce sustainable excellence for multiple stakeholders.
The foundation for our work is built on practical experience working with leaders to transform organizations and research on CEOs who led successful transformations. The key lessons learned are captured in two award-winning, peer-reviewed frameworks, one for leadership and one for organization design. When combined these frameworks form the Leadership and Design Blueprint. The [Re]Create book includes a chapter on each of the 14 blueprint components.
The studio includes two eLearning Applications Labs where participants learn by doing using flexible frameworks, tools, and techniques. In other words, you learn and develop your organization and your leadership by creating the organization you really want.
Leading Transformation Lab™
The first eLearning applications lab is the Leading Transformation Lab™ where you learn to design, build and lead the foundation and framework for the organization you really want! Leader as organization designer is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors (style) and activities (system) combined with individual leader characteristics. In this lab, you will apply the 14 components of the Leadership & Design Blueprint to your organization and your leadership. Two self-assessment instruments are built into the modules to help you diagnose your current organization and leadership and develop improvement plans for both. The lab includes digital eLearning experiences packed with practical application tools, assessments, and techniques to help you align and integrate your organization’s strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders and at the same time develop your leadership style and the foundation components for your leadership system. | Learn More
Management Design Lab™
In the second eLearning applications lab you build on the solid foundation and framework developed in the Leading Transformation Lab™ and begin building out the major systems by designing, developing, and deploying your own “custom” leadership system or key organization system that fits your unique organization and your approach to leadership. Organizations and their systems are human created entities and as such they are imperfect. They were designed, consciously or unconsciously, by humans and consequently, can be redesigned by humans. The Management Design Lab™ is a collaborative, custom online design studio where you learn how to reinvent your organization system to support the [re]creation of the organization you really want! The knowledge, skills, and abilities that you learn by designing your own leadership or organization system can then be used to [re]design any system in your organization. | Learn More
Free Member’s eBook Library+
Sign up for your Free Studio Membership and get full access to the first two Leading Transformation Lab™ Modules (10 lessons total). As a Free Studio Member, you will get full access to the Forces for Change and the Stakeholder Value modules and the Member’s Only Library of downloadable eBooks. In addition, you will periodically receive updates and new content. We promise to never sell or give your information or email to anyone.
What makes our eLearning “Applications” Lab approach different?
Most organizations have tried numerous methods to improve organization performance. Many of these efforts have resulted in mixed success. Few have been able to successfully make the changes necessary to achieve and sustain high performance. So what makes this approach to leadership and design different from those previous attempts?
- Leaders become Organization Architects – Leaders become architects of the organizations they really want! They lead by example and “learn by doing” real work application activities. Leaders become self-sufficient with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools to continue learning after the experience.
- Get the “DNA” right first! – Develop a solid foundation and framework for excellence that aligns stakeholders, strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture before working on the individual components and processes of the organization.
- Systems Thinking – A deep understanding of the underlying systems, relationships, and leverage points is the foundation for good organization design that creates sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence – Our approaches are based on and use scientific learning methods and science-based research to inform the custom design of systems, strategies, performance metrics, and culture to achieve and sustain high performance across a comprehensive scorecard.
- Creative & Custom – Our methods integrate design thinking to help you [re]imagine, [re]designing and [re]invent or “create custom” systems vs. simply “fixing” the old systems.
- Convenient – We use digital media and methods which are convenient flexible “bite-size chunks” for your busy schedule. The studio works on a variety of devices including computers, tablets, and phones.
- Collaborative – We use our digital platform and tools to enhance our virtual workshops giving you the best of both worlds – the convenience of asynchronous online tools with synchronous online collaboration.
- Cost Effective – Our digital approach is more cost effective and less of a burden on the natural environment (smaller carbon footprint with less travel, paper, etc.) compared to the face-to-face alternatives.
Enjoy the journey!
Organization Architect + Founder | Organization Design Studio™
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd.
P.O. Box 64319
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd. is a Limited Liability Company organized in the state of Colorado, USA.