Organizations today face increasing pressure from multiple stakeholders and relentless global competition, forcing them to become more innovative in everything they do and produce (Latham, 2013).
Beyond Business School
While business schools teach the functions of business in their individual course silos, most business schools do not teach you how to design and integrate these functions to form a coherent high performing organization uniquely suited to your situation and strategy. What is needed is nothing short of a renaissance of organization thinking and design. Leaders as organization architects of the future will need to master both the technical AND human aspects of design and change. What is needed is a school of organization architecture and that is why the Organization Design Studio™ was created. Read more on how we got here.
The Organization Design Studio™ is a Digital Learning Center and Applications Lab where leaders learn how to [re]design, [re]build, and lead the organizations they really want. Specifically, we help leaders learn how to align and integrate their strategy, systems, scorecard, culture, and leadership to fit the unique context of their organization and produce sustainable excellence for multiple stakeholders. Read more about our compelling directive.
The foundation for our work is built on practical experience working with leaders to transform organizations and research on CEOs who led successful transformations. The key lessons learned are captured in two award-winning, peer-reviewed frameworks, one for leadership and one for organization design. When combined these frameworks form the Leadership and Design Blueprint. The [Re]Create book includes a chapter on each of the 14 blueprint components.
Leading Transformation Lab
Leader as organization designer is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors (style) and activities (system) combined with individual leader characteristics. The eCourses are digital eLearning experiences packed with practical application tools, assessments, and techniques to help you align and integrate your organization’s strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders and at the same time develop your leadership style and the foundation components for your leadership system.
Become the architect of the organization you really want! Our eCourses are bundles of related modules in the Leading Transformation Lab™. Each lab module follows our applied “learn-by-doing” approach that includes five key dimensions – key concepts, application, assessment, leader as organization architect, and [re]create. The Facilitated eCourses include everything in the “Do It Yourself” DIY versions + Collaborative Video Conferences.
Free eCourse + eBook Library
Sign up for your Free Studio Membership and get your Free eCourse (includes first two Applications Lab Modules – 10 lessons total). As a Free Studio Member, you will get full access to the Forces for Change and the Stakeholder Value modules and the Member’s Only Library of downloadable eBooks. In addition, you will periodically receive updates and new articles. We promise to never sell or give your information or email to anyone.
What makes our eLearning “Applications” Lab approach different?
Most organizations have tried numerous methods to improve organization performance. Many of these efforts have resulted in mixed success. Few have been able to successfully make the changes necessary to achieve and sustain high performance. So what makes this approach to leadership and design different from those previous attempts?
- Leaders become Organization Architects – Leaders become architects of the organizations they really want! They lead by example and “learn by doing” real work application activities. Leaders become self-sufficient with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools to continue learning after the experience.
- Get the “DNA” right first! – Develop a solid foundation and framework for excellence that aligns stakeholders, strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture before working on the individual components and processes of the organization.
- Systems Thinking – A deep understanding of the underlying systems, relationships, and leverage points is the foundation for good organization design that creates sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence – Our approaches are based on and use scientific learning methods and research to inform the custom design of systems, strategies, performance metrics, and culture to achieve and sustain high performance across a comprehensive scorecard.
- Creative & Custom – Our methods integrate design thinking to help you [re]imagine, [re]designing and [re]invent or “create custom” systems vs. simply “fixing” the old systems.
- Convenient – We use digital media and methods which are convenient flexible “bite-size chunks” for your busy schedule. The studio works on a variety of mobile devices including laptop computers, tablets, and phones.
- Better Value – Our digital approach is a better value and less of a burden on the natural environment (smaller carbon footprint with less travel, paper, etc.) compared to the face-to-face alternatives.
Enjoy the journey!
John Latham PhD MBA CQE | Founder, Organization Design Studio™
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd.
P.O. Box 64319
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd. is a Limited Liability Company organized in the state of Colorado, USA.