Organizations today face increasing pressure from multiple stakeholders and relentless global competition, forcing them to become more innovative in everything they do and produce (Latham, 2013).
Leaders today face increasing demands from a variety of stakeholders, increasing global competition, and rapidly evolving technology. The bar is continually being raised, and the definition of success for all types of organizations (profit-seeking, non-profit, and government) is continuously changing and increasingly complex. Success today requires that you learn and improve faster than your competitors.
Are You Wasting Time and Money on Management Fads that Don’t Work?
There seems to be an endless supply of consultants, authors, professors, and other leaders “selling” quick-fixes focused on a particular piece or part of the organization. Unfortunately, quick-fixes seldom work and often make the situation worse by causing problems in other unexpected parts of the organization. We understand how spending all your time “fighting fires” can be frustrating, leaving even the savviest leaders feeling overwhelmed, confused, and wondering what to do.
Beyond Business School
While business schools teach the functions of business in their individual course “silos,” most business schools do not teach you how to design and integrate these functions to form a coherent high performing organization uniquely suited to your situation and strategy. What is needed is nothing short of a renaissance of organization thinking and design. Leaders, as organization architects of the future, will need to master both the technical AND human aspects of organization design and change. What is required is a school of organization architecture, and that is why the Organization Design Studio™ was created.
The Organization Design Studio™ is a digital learning center with 15 application labs helping leaders around the world learn how to [re]design and [re]build the organizations they really want and society needs. Specifically, we help leaders learn how to align and integrate their strategy, systems, scorecard, culture, and leadership to fit the unique context of their organization and produce sustainable excellence for multiple stakeholders. And then design custom organizational and managerial systems throughout the organization that fit their unique organization “like a glove.”
Like you, we are troubled by the time and money wasted on simplistic solutions that don’t work and the large percentage of businesses that ultimately fail. Good news, it doesn’t have to be that way! Years of experience and award-winning research have produced a different approach, one based on leaders just like you who learned how to create organizations that produce sustainable results.
(Re)Create is a masterful, comprehensive, and systematic resource for how to craft a relevant, prosperous, dynamic, and sustainable business! John Latham’s breadth of academic and practical leadership experiences shine through in an engaging, thoughtful, and approachable set of ideas, tools, and principles for achieving both business success and leadership significance!
If you have time to read only one business book this year – make it (Re)Create!
Better yet buy a copy for your entire team and together (re)create the optimal culture, execute operational excellence, and craft engaging experiences that drive loyalty and advocacy of your people and your customers.”
Joseph Michelli, Ph.D. CCXP | New York Times #1 bestselling author of books like The Starbucks Experience, Driven to Delight, The Zappos Experience and The New Gold Standard.
Learn by doing in our 15 learning and application labs organized into six facilitated workshops. Learn how to apply the concepts in the [Re]Create book and develop your organization and your leadership knowledge skills and abilities at the same time.
Leader as an organization architect is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors (style) and activities (system) combined with individual leader characteristics. The Workshops are facilitated digital + face-to-face experiences packed with practical application tools, assessments, and techniques to help you align and integrate your organization’s strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders and at the same time develop your leadership style and the foundation components for your leadership system. Become the architect of the organization you really want! Follow the path of six facilitated virtual workshops to become the architect of the organization you really want!
Workshop Core Objectives
- A deeper understanding of stakeholders and their needs enabling strategies, systems, and culture that create sustainable value for the multiple stakeholders.
- Leaders with the knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs); tools, techniques, and technologies (T3); and confidence to [re]create an organization they really want.
- Aligned and integrated strategy, systems, and scorecard that work together to produce high-performance across the organization.
- A culture of service and an enabled, empowered, and engaged workforce that bring the strategy and systems to “life” and create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- An organization that learns and improves faster than competitors and comparable organizations with continuously improving results across a comprehensive scorecard.
- Leaders who know how to design customer organizational systems. Skills are developed by designing a custom leadership system that fits the unique context of the organization like a “glove” and ultimately helps leaders create the organization they really want!
If the competition is improving faster than you are, it is only a matter of time until you are irrelevant and out of business! How much more time and money do you have to waste on management fads and quick fixes that don’t work?
Start the Journey Today
Sign up for a Free Studio Membership, and you’ll have access to a FREE DIY Workshop. Whether you are a leader of an existing organization, an entrepreneur scaling up your company, or someone helping them, this Free DIY Workshop is for you. Your privacy is secure, and we promise never to sell or give your information to anyone, ever!
Leaders with the knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs); tools, techniques, and technologies (T3); and confidence to [re]create an organization that produces sustainable results.
Sustainable excellence is the creation of ever-increasing value for multiple stakeholders, including investors, customers, employees, suppliers and partners, the community, and the natural environment. It is achieved through the alignment and integration of an organization’s strategy and systems to create continuously improving high-performance results across a comprehensive scorecard that compare favorably to relevant comparisons while embedding those changes into the culture of the organization.
What makes our “Learning & Applications” Lab approach different?
Most organizations have tried numerous methods to improve organization performance. Many of these efforts have resulted in mixed success. Few have been able to successfully make the changes necessary to achieve and sustain high performance. So what makes this lab approach to leadership and design different from those previous attempts?
- Leaders become Organization Architects – Leaders become architects of the organizations they really want! They lead by example and “learn by doing” real work application activities. Leaders become self-sufficient with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools to continue learning after the experience.
- Get the “DNA” right first! – Develop a solid foundation and framework for excellence that aligns stakeholders, strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture before working on the individual components and processes of the organization.
- Systems Thinking – A deep understanding of the underlying systems, relationships, and leverage points is the foundation for good organization design that creates sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence – Our approaches are based on and use scientific learning methods and research to inform the custom design of systems, strategies, performance metrics, and culture to achieve and sustain high performance across a comprehensive scorecard.
- Creative & Custom – Our methods integrate design thinking to help you [re]imagine, [re]designing and [re]invent or “create custom” systems vs. simply “fixing” the old systems.
- Convenient – We use digital media and methods which are convenient, flexible “bite-size chunks” for your busy schedule. The studio works on a variety of mobile devices, including laptop computers, tablets, and phones.
- Better Value – Our virtual workshop approach blends individual asynchronous activities with expert feedback, and group collaboration is more effective and a better value than the traditional “single event” approaches.
Enjoy the journey!
JOHN LATHAM PhD | Organization Architect + Researcher
Founder @ OrganizationDesignStudio.com
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd.
P.O. Box 64319
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Organization Design Studio™ Ltd. is a Limited Liability Company organized in the state of Colorado, USA.