The Lab Approach consists of five related activities from concept to [re]create. The first step is to understand the key concepts. Then you are ready to apply the concepts to your organization and assess how well your organization is doing incorporating those concepts. The next step is to identify what you as a leader, need to do to help improve the application and deployment of these concepts in your organization. Finally, reflect on what you have learned and develop your action plan.
Lab Approach Elements:
- Understand the Key Concepts;
- Apply the key concepts to your organization;
- Assess how well your organization addresses the key concepts;
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Leader as Organization Architect and assess your leadership style; and
- Reflect and identify the organizational and leadership areas to improve or [Re]Create.
Each lab includes a downloadable workbook that is the guide for the lab, the video tutorials, and the editable worksheets.
The first step in each lab is to understand the key concepts for that lab. What are the concepts, components, and relationships of the lab topic and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence? Key Concepts covered are based on the associated chapter in the [Re]Create Book.
- Read the [Re]Create Book Chapter – Each lab includes an online version of the applicable [Re]Create book chapter.
- Watch the Video Overview of the key concepts.
The second step in each lab is to apply the key concepts to your organization using the downloadable worksheet(s).
- Review the Workbook application worksheet instructions.
- Watch the Video Tutorial on application activities and worksheets.
- Complete the Application Worksheets – Editable application worksheets.
The third step in each lab is to assess how well your organization applies the key concepts to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Review the Workbook assessment worksheet instructions.
- Watch the Video Tutorial on assessment activities and worksheets.
- Complete the Assessment Worksheets – Editable assessment worksheets.
Leader as Organization Architect
The fourth step is to apply the nine collaborative leadership behaviors (style) to the leadership activities associated with the key concepts.
- Review the Workbook leader as organization architect (LOA) worksheet instructions.
- Watch the Video Tutorial on LOA activities and worksheets.
- Complete the LOA Worksheets – Editable LOA worksheets. Rate yourself on nine quantitative questions – collaborative leadership behaviors.
The last step in each lab is to reflect and [re]create the organization. Apply what you have learned about the key concepts, application, assessment, and leadership in this lab to improve your organization and leadership. There are no examples provided in the [re]create section. The answers are inside you!
- Review the Workbook includes the [Re]Create worksheet instructions.
- Watch the Video Tutorial on [Re]Create activities and worksheets.
- Complete the [Re]Create Worksheets – Editable reflection and [re]create worksheets.