The needs of the stakeholders inform the creation of a compelling directive. The format of the compelling directive varies but typically consists of the organization’s purpose, mission, vision, and values. The vision describes the desired reality and is an essential part of creating positive tension, a key force of change to overcome resistance to change. The mission and purpose identify what the organization does today and why it does it. The compelling directive helps build a bridge between the stakeholders and the strategy. | Introduction & Objectives
- Key Concepts – Understand the Compelling Directive concepts, components, and relationships and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence.
- Application – Apply the Compelling Directive concepts to your organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s).
- Assessment – Evaluate how well your particular organization applies the key concepts of a Compelling Directive to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Apply collaborative leadership concepts to the leadership activities associated with creating and communicating a Compelling Directive.
- [Re]create – Apply what you have learned about a Compelling Directive to improve your organization and leadership.
What is Included
- Downloadable workbook (PDF)
- Videos narrated by John Latham
- Editable worksheets to help you [Re]Create the Organization You Really Want!™
- Online version of the applicable [Re]Create book chapter.
Start the Journey Today
Sign up for FREE “Do It Yourself” (DIY) Labs. Whether you are a leader of an existing organization, an entrepreneur scaling up your company, or someone helping them, these Free DIY Labs are for you. Your privacy is secure, and we promise never to sell or give your information to anyone, ever!