Leading Transformation Lab™
Leader as organization designer is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors (style) and activities (system) combined with individual leader characteristics. The eCourses are digital eLearning experiences packed with practical application tools, assessments, and techniques to help you align and integrate your organization’s strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders and at the same time develop your leadership style and the foundation components for your leadership system. Become the architect of the organization you really want! | Learn More
Management Design Lab™
Best practices and prescriptive solutions from other companies, consultants, and business books often work, yet they seldom achieve the high levels of performance possible with a custom solution that creatively adapts ideas from both theory and practice to fit your unique context. The Management Design Lab™ provides a flexible structure to design, develop, and deploy any new or redesigned initiative or system in the organization. Management Design Lab™ participants follow the D4 + I approach and the Design Framework to guide the development of a custom organizational system (e.g., strategic planning, workforce development…) to fit their unique needs and context. | Learn More
What makes our Digital “Applications” Lab approach different?
Most organizations have tried numerous methods to improve organization performance. Many of these efforts have resulted in mixed success. Few have been able to successfully make the changes necessary to achieve and sustain high performance. So what makes this approach to leadership and design different from those previous attempts?
- Leaders become Organization Architects – Leaders become architects of the organizations they really want! They lead by example and “learn by doing” real work application activities. Leaders become self-sufficient with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools to continue learning after the experience.
- Get the “DNA” right first! – Develop a solid foundation and framework for excellence that aligns stakeholders, strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture before working on the individual components and processes of the organization.
- Systems Thinking – A deep understanding of the underlying systems, relationships, and leverage points is the foundation for good organization design that creates sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence – Our approaches are based on and use scientific learning methods and research to inform the custom design of systems, strategies, performance metrics, and culture to achieve and sustain high performance across a comprehensive scorecard.
- Creative & Custom – Our methods integrate design thinking to help you [re]imagine, [re]designing and [re]invent or “create custom” systems vs. simply “fixing” the old systems.
- Convenient – We use digital media and methods which are convenient flexible “bite-size chunks” for your busy schedule. The studio works on a variety of mobile devices including laptop computers, tablets, and phones.
- Better Value – Our digital approach is a better value and less of a burden on the natural environment (smaller carbon footprint with less travel, paper, etc.) compared to the face-to-face alternatives.
Enjoy the journey!
John Latham PhD MBA CQE | Founder, Organization Design Studio™