Become the Architect of the Organization You Really Want!
Your current organization was designed by humans (consciously or unconsciously) and can be purposefully designed or redesigned to produce even greater value for the multiple stakeholders. Conscious [re]design requires the leader to become the architect of the organization they really want! As Gandhi proposed, in order to effectively lead organizational transformation “you must become the change you want to see in the organization.” Only then will you be credible. Leadership for Sustainable Excellence is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors and activities combined with individual leader characteristics. Leaders use these behaviors, activities, and characteristics to effectively leverage the forces and facilitators of change to [re]design and transform their organization’s strategy, systems, scorecard, people, and culture. The Leadership for Sustainable Excellence Lab collection includes three essential leadership labs with a total of 15 lessons including an 81-point leadership self-assessment.
Compelling Directive Lab #3
The needs of the stakeholders inform the creation of a compelling directive. The format of the compelling directive varies but typically consists of the organization’s purpose, mission, vision, and values. The vision describes the desired reality and is an essential part of creating positive tension, a key force of change to overcome resistance to change. The mission and purpose identify what the organization does today and why it does it. The compelling directive helps build a bridge between the stakeholders and the strategy.
- Key Concepts – Understand the Compelling Directive concepts, components, and relationships and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence.
- Application – Apply the Compelling Directive concepts to your organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s).
- Assessment – Evaluate how well your particular organization applies the key concepts of a Compelling Directive to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Apply collaborative leadership concepts to the leadership activities associated with creating and communicating a Compelling Directive.
- [Re]create – Apply what you have learned about a Compelling Directive to improve your organization and leadership.
Collaborative Leadership Lab #11
There are nine leadership behaviors or “style” that support the leadership system activities to achieve sustainable excellence. You might consider these the art of leading transformation — or HOW leaders accomplish the activities. Leaders establish their credibility by role modeling these behaviors and the actions they want to see in the new organization. Effective Leaders of Sustainable Excellence respect everyone regardless of position, which helps them develop collaborative relationships to [re]design and transform the organization. LOAs are great communicators and deliver a consistent message irrespective of the situation. At the same time, they hold people accountable for the changes. They are systems thinkers who are always learning from their personal involvement in the [re]design and leading change activities. It is a style that helps people create the organization that they want. This style along with the activities shapes the culture.
- Key Concepts – Understand Collaborative Leadership concepts, components, and relationships and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence.
- Application – Apply the key Collaborative Leadership concepts to your particular organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s). Develop a description of the “ideal” leadership style that fits your unique organizational context “like a glove.”
- Assessment – Evaluate how well your particular organization applies the key concepts of Collaborative Leadership to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Assess your Collaborative Leadership style and develop a personal improvement plan.
- [Re]Create – Apply what you have learned about Collaborative Leadership to improve your organization and leadership.
The Individual Leader Lab #13
Organization architects have five common characteristics that increase the odds of achieving and sustaining high performance: (a) purpose and meaning, (b) humility tempered by confidence, (c) integrity, (d) systems perspective, and (e) motivational and attitudinal patterns. While the other leadership components of system and style are visible and observable, this one is below the surface. What would it take to make this leadership style authentic for you? What motivates you to do the key activities?
- Key Concepts – Understand the Individual Leader concepts, components, and relationships and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence.
- Application – Apply the key Individual Leader Characteristics to your particular organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s).
- Assessment – Evaluate how well your particular organization applies the Individual Leader Characteristics to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Understand, Develop, and Apply the multiple dimensions of the mind of an organization architect to your Individual Leadership approach.
- [Re]Create – Apply what you have learned about yourself as an Individual Leader to improve your organization and leadership.
Get Access to ALL 14 Learning and Application Labs
What you get!
Lifetime Access to the most recent versions of 14 digital learning and application labs including:
- 14 Workbooks – Downloadable PDF workbooks (over 950 pages total).
- 70 Videos – Over 11 hours total.
- 220+ Worksheets – Downloadable and editable worksheets to help you apply the concepts in the [Re]Create book.
- 14 Book Chapters – Online version of all 14 [Re]Create book chapters.
Now Only $497 USD
Try Before You Buy! Get Your Free Labs Here