Successful leaders in the future will have to become architects of enduring organizations by designing systems that create sustainable results for multiple stakeholders (Latham, 2012).
Leaders today face increasing demands from a variety of stakeholders. The challenge is to figure out a way to create value for all the key stakeholders without taking from one to serve another. Your current organization was designed by humans (consciously or unconsciously) and can be purposefully designed or redesigned to produce even greater value for the multiple stakeholders. As Gandhi proposed, in order to effectively leading organization transformation “you must become the change you want to see in the organization.” Only then will you be credible.
Become the Architect of Your Ideal Organization!
Leader as Organization Architect is a special kind of leadership that consists of specific leadership behaviors and approaches combined with individual leader characteristics. Leaders use these behaviors, approaches, and characteristics to effectively leverage the forces and facilitators of change to [re]design and transform their organization systems, people, and culture. The Leading Transformation Lab™ experience consists of 14 modules that address all 14 chapters in the [Re]Create book.
The Leading Transformation Lab™ is composed of 14 modules that address the 14 components of the Leadership & Design Blueprint described in the [Re]Create book. Leading the journey to sustainable excellence requires the flexible combination of leveraging the forces and facilitators of change with leadership activities and behaviors, organizational culture, and individual leader characteristics.
The Leadership & Design Blueprint integrates the Design Framework into the Leadership Framework providing a 14-step guide to [re]design and transform your organizations to achieve sustainable excellence. Learn How To:
- Identify and leverage the Forces for Change
- Apply the nine key components of an effective Leadership System
- Develop your own Collaborative Leadership Style
- Develop a Culture of Service
- Identify your own Individual Leader Characteristics that support your leadership approach
- Leverage the Facilitators of Change to lead a successful [re]design and transformation and… Create Sustainable Value for Multiple Stakeholders!
Each module address five key dimensions including key concepts, application, assessment, leader as organization architect, and [re]create.
Each of the 14 modules consists of five key activities:
- Understand the Key Concepts;
- Apply the key concepts to your organization;
- Assess how well your organization addresses the key concepts;
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Leader as Organization Architect and assess your leadership style; and
- Reflect and identify the organizational and leadership areas to improve or [Re]Create.
The Leading Transformation Lab™ includes 14 modules each with five lessons for a total of 70 lessons including 70 videos narrated by John Latham (over 11 hours total) with 70 downloadable slide decks, an online version of the [Re]Create book, and over 150 worksheets to help you learn how to [Re]Create the Organization You Really Want. | Learn More
Individual & Group Options
There are three ways to work in the lab – by yourself, with a virtual coach, or in a group with a virtual coach. The first option is to work by yourself in the Do It Yourself (DIY) lab. In the DIY lab, you get access to ALL 14 modules including the 70 lessons and associated materials. If you want feedback and help working through the DIY modules you can add a virtual coach to the DIY Lab. With the Individual Virtual Coaching option, you get one Do It Yourself (DIY) Membership + 15 one-on-one virtual coaching sessions (1 to 1.5 hours each). The Facilitated Group version of the Leading Transformation Lab™ includes ten Do It Yourself (DIY) Memberships + 15 video conferences (1.5 to 2 hours each). For each module, participants complete the DIY activities and then the facilitated video conferences with John Latham focus on exploring further the application to your particular organization and your leadership.
What makes our approach different?
- Leaders become Organization Architects – Leaders become architects of the organizations they really want! They lead by example and “learn by doing” real work application activities. Leaders become self-sufficient with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools to continue learning after the experience.
- Get the “DNA” right first! – Develop a solid foundation and framework for excellence that aligns stakeholders, strategy, systems, scorecard, and culture before working on the individual components and processes of the organization.
- Systems Thinking – Participants use systems thinking to understand key components, relationships, and leverage points in the organization systems and develop organizational designs that create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence – Our flexible frameworks are based on years of experience helping leaders redesign and transform their organizations and award-winning peer-reviewed research.
- Creative & Custom – Our methods integrate reflection and design thinking to help you [re]imagine, [re]designing and [re]invent or “create custom” systems vs. simply “fixing” the old systems.
- Convenient – We use digital media and methods which are convenient flexible “bite-size chunks” for your busy schedule. The leadership workshop works on a variety of devices including computers, tablets, and phones. Choose the pace that works best for you and your team. We schedule the video conference meetings at a mutually agreeable time to fit your schedule.
- Collaborative – For the Individual Virtual Coaching and Facilitated Group options we use our digital platform and tools to enhance our virtual workshops giving you the best of both worlds – the convenience of asynchronous online tools with synchronous online collaboration.
- Cost Effective – Our digital approach is more cost effective and less of a burden on the natural environment (smaller carbon footprint with less travel, paper, etc.) compared to the face-to-face alternatives.
Try Before You Buy
Sign up for your Free Studio Membership and get full access to the first two Leading Transformation Lab™ Modules (10 lessons total). As a Free Studio Member, you will get full access to the Forces for Change and the Stakeholder Value modules and the Member’s Only Library of downloadable eBooks.