Organizations today face increasing pressure from multiple stakeholders and relentless global competition, forcing them to become more innovative in everything they do and produce. If the competition is improving faster than you are it is only a matter of time until you are irrelevant and out of business! The Forces for Change and Stakeholders Workshop addresses the “Why of Change.” In this first Workshop, you will identify the forces that are pressuring you to change your organization and your leadership. Then you will identify the key stakeholders, what they want, and how well the organization is meeting their needs. This workshop includes the first two Digital Learning & Applications Labs needed for all the other Workshops. The Do It Yourself (DIY) Labs for this workshop are FREE when you join the Studio as a Free Member.
Forces for Change Lab #1
While the motivation for change varies widely, there must be enough tension to overcome the inertia of satisfaction with the status quo. | Introduction & Objectives
- What are the external “pushing” forces for change?
- What are the “pulling” forces of change?
- What is the vision of the new desired future?
- Are these sufficient to overcome the inertia of the status quo?
- How can you leverage these forces to move your organization forward?
- Key Concepts – Understand the Forces for Change concepts, components, and relationships and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Application – Identify key Forces for Change for your particular organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s).
- Assessment – Evaluate your forces for change and how well your particular organization applies the Forces for Change to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Apply collaborative leadership concepts to the organization architect leadership activities associated with identifying and leveraging the Forces for Change.
- [Re]Create – Apply what you have learned about the Forces for Change to improve your organization and leadership.
Stakeholder Value Lab #2
Sustainable excellence requires the organization to create value for multiple stakeholders including the workforce, customers, investors, suppliers and partners, community, and environment. The focus on stakeholder needs and relationships helps provide a common alignment point for the strategy, systems, scorecard, and overall organization design for sustainable excellence. In short, high-performing organizations are systems where highly talented and engaged workforce along with high-performing suppliers and partners create great products, services, and customers experiences resulting in repeat and referral business which helps grow the top line. In other words, they create ever-increasing value for all stakeholders. The task in this lab is to understand the stakeholders’ needs and desires and how well your organization is meeting those needs. | Introduction & Objectives
- Key Concepts – Understand the concepts, components, and relationships of Stakeholder Value and how they contribute to leadership and organization [re]design for sustainable excellence.
- Application – Apply the key Stakeholder Value concepts to your particular organization using the downloadable Worksheet(s).
- Assessment – Evaluate how well your particular organization applies the key concepts of Stakeholder Value to achieve sustainable excellence.
- Leader as Organization Architect – Apply collaborative leadership concepts to the organization architect leadership activities associated with creating Stakeholder Value.
- [Re]Create – Apply what you have learned about creating sustainable Stakeholder Value to improve your organization and leadership.
How much more time and money do you have to waste on management fads and quick fixes that don’t work?
You get Lifetime Access to the most recent version of 2 labs with a total of 10 lessons including:
- 2 downloadable workbooks (over 140 pages total)
- 10 videos narrated by John Latham (over 1.5 hours total)
- Over 25 downloadable and editable worksheets to help you learn how to [Re]Create the Organization You Really Want!™
- Online version of three [Re]Create book chapters (Introduction, 1, and 2).
Get Your Free DIY Labs Now!
Want help taking your team through the workshop?
Contact us today to begin planning your Facilitated Virtual Workshop experience.